Monday, July 6, 2009

weekend recap.

Unfortunately my weekend did not include a lot of red, white, and blue despite it being the 4th of July. You see, our city is broke and decided to do its fireworks last Wednesday to save some money. Despite having to watch fireworks on TV on Saturday, it was still one of the best weekends I've had in awhile. Each of the following played a part:

There were some clouds, but also plenty of long overdue sun! We took the opportunity to take a little walk. Plenty of green after all of the rain we have been having.


I am still waiting (and hoping) for some flowers from the seeds I planted, but had to sneak one while on our walk (just one!). Had a meal or two on the patio in our $0.50/each estate sale chairs!


Two of my favorite things: coffee and the flea market! (Pictures of my flea market finds coming later this afternoon.)


"Date night" consisted of ice cream and a few games of Scrabble Slam on the patio. If you've never played Scrabble Slam you need to pick it up this week! It's only about $5 from Target. Despite my enthusiasm for the game, I am yet to win a round of it (and we've played about 30 rounds total). That is my "loser shot" - 0 for 0 games won.

Hope your weekend was a lovely as mine!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Xenia,
    I'm SO enjoying reading your wonderful blog and keeping up on all your exciting adventures, both work and play, since you made the big move to Connecticut. Makes if feel like you're not quite so far away. I'm so proud of you!
    Love you,
    Aunt Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, my two favorite things too, coffee and flea markets. What a perfect picture!

    ReplyDelete